Building Healthy Dental Habits Right in the Heart of Dulwich Hill
A trip to dentist is recommended as early as one, since that is usually when the first babt teeth start forming.
The first appointment is really fun and exciting, we normally do a thorough check up and have the children get familiar with the dental setting. If they are already super comfortable, we can complete a check-up and polish in most cases.
We want you to be sure that all your children’s teeth are developing correctly and ensure you have the correct dental habits from day one.
Our goal is to make sure that all children maintain their healthy teeth for life whilst making sure a dental visit is something that they are looking forward to.
We perform all paediatric dental procedures with a gentle approach and have happy gas sedation if required.
Child Dental Benefit Scheme (CDBS)
Bulk-Billing Children's Dentistry in Marrickville,Dulwich Hill and Inner West Sydney
Affordable dentistry for all our patients.
At Ultra Smiles Dental, we are proud to offer the Child Dental Benefit Scheme. This is a program which allows eligible children to have $1013 worth of essential dental treatment every 2 years covered by Medicare. Through this initiative, we have been able to treat many patients who would not been able to afford dentistry and it has allowed us to help maintain the health of their teeth for a lifetime.
Contact our friendly team today and we can help you check if your child is eligible for the Child Dental Benefit Scheme.
FAQ's about children's dentistry
Take advantage of our opening promotion which is:
- $150 for a comprehensive exam and any necessary x-rays for children between under 18 years old.
- If your child just requires a check-up then it will costs 50 dollars.
For children eligible for the CDBS, they will not have to pay anything out of pocket if they have funds available.
Most children will have there whole mouth, head and neck area examined. We will usually take a full mouth xray and bitewing xrays to check any areas we can’t see and to make sure the teeth are erupting normally.
Most of our patients are very cooperative, so we would normally do a clean and polish in the same appointment.
Our comprehensive check up and clean package for children normally takes 30-45 minutes. This gives us enough time to get to know your child and really get them comfortable with being at the dentist. We promise your child will be asking to come back!
There are a few areas where you can help your child prepare for their first dental visit:
- We always recommend that if you child is worried, they can always come along to their sibling or your appointment to familarise themselves with the dental clinic.
- It’s always good to explain to your children the benefit of going to the dentist and children love to hear that their teeth will be “sparkly white” after going to the dentist.
- If you are apprehensive of the dentist, try not to spread that fear to your children, it is best to use only positive words to create a positive experience.
- At Ultra Smiles we have lots of exciting features like a TV on the ceiling where they can watch their favourite shows. We also have lots of presents after if they behave so that could be discussed with your children before their initial appointment.